Saturday, February 26, 2011

In honor of Joe Stephens...


Wow..yesterday was quite a day. We lost a good friend of many years in a tragic accident. He was a Truck Driver, a cowboy, a redneck (LOL!) but above all a great guy. So many people will miss him that I can't even begin to explain!! We as a community of friends, family & coworkers are DEVASTATED at this, our first fatality at the company my husband works for.




This "Band of Brothers" as I lovingly and humorously call these drivers stick together like glue. This loss is just unfathomable for anyone who doesn't drive a truck or haul a tanker. I won't even try to express the pain the family is in at this time.





But even in the midst of such a tragedy, God is ever present.





He carries us through the most difficult time times in our lives, healing our pain and grief, comforting our sorrows, helping us to continue on.


Psalm 73:23-26

23 Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment