Friday, February 18, 2011

United in the Spirit



VERSE:
Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.
-- Ephesians 4:3 nlt


THOUGHT:
When we open the book of Acts, we hear Jesus promise to send the Holy Spirit to empower the early disciples as they go to all nations to share the good news of Jesus. In addition, we see the Holy Spirit at work to break down every barrier -- geographical,cultural, racial, economic, political, and social -- to make the people who come to Jesus into one new people. As Paul reflects on the great grace of God he has talked about in Ephesians chapters 1-3, he now challenges Jesus' followers to make every effort to keep what the Holy Spirit and the grace of God had worked to create: a people united by the Holy Spirit and held together with
the bond of peace. He wanted them to "wage peace"! He wanted them to be peace-makers, and not just "peace-wanters." This can happen only when we allow the Spirit to control our hearts and we
earnestly and diligently strive to be united through the Spirit as God's children.



PRAYER:
Father, please forgive me. I've been selfish, impatient, and harsh to some of your children. I haven't been committed to "waging peace" with the same passion as I have sought to get my own way and protect my own position. Please help me as I try to mend relationships and re-establish fellowship with others that I've alienated. Please help me as I seek to have your Spirit take
control of my heart and exert more effort to live in peace with your children. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.





SpiritFire! from HEARTLIGHT

~Randa~

No comments:

Post a Comment