Saturday, February 12, 2011

Vitally Empowering





Vitally Empowering
February 12, 2011

VERSE:
Samuel took his flask of oil and anointed him [David], with his brothers standing around watching. The Spirit of God entered David like a rush of wind, God vitally empowering him for the rest of his life.



THOUGHT:
Throughout the Old Testament, God's Spirit would come on leaders for a time and empower them in special ways. David was led and empowered by the Spirit for his whole life, although his sinful time with Bathsheba made him question whether God would remove the Spirit and his leadership because of his sin (Ps. 51:10-11). The remarkable thing about the Holy Spirit under the new covenant is that the Holy Spirit comes upon all Jesus' true followers: men and
women, young and old, leaders or followers (Acts 2:1-39; 5:32; Rom. 8:9). We have this "vitally empowering" gift living inside us, to guide us, convict us, empower us, equip us, intercede for us, and transform us. What a precious gift!





PRAYER:
Thank you, Father, for such an incredible gift as the Holy Spirit. As I continue on this year-long journey to learn more about your Spirit, I want to yield my life fully to the influence of the Spirit. I want to reflect Jesus more completely. I want to honor you more perfectly. I ask that this "vitally empowering" presence of your Spirit do what needs to be done in me to honor you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

~SpiritFire! from HEARTLIGHT~
(www.heartlight.org)
~Randa~

No comments:

Post a Comment