Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Prophetic Wonderings

VERSE:
This salvation was something even the prophets wanted to know more about when they prophesied about this gracious salvation prepared for you. They wondered what time or situation the Spirit of Christ within them was talking about when he told them in advance about Christ's suffering and his great glory afterward.
-- 1 Peter 1:10-11 nlt
THOUGHT:
One of the most important claims Scripture makes about itself, and its origins, is that it is God-breathed and Spirit-inspired (2 Tim. 3:16-17). The prophets of Israel had looked forward to the coming of the Messiah and the making of a new people. But they did not, and could not, fully understand what their prophecies meant. This was especially true of Jesus' suffering and the glory that followed his resurrection. Yet these messages, these recorded prophecies in the Old Testament, were given them by the Holy Spirit of God to speak of the coming of Christ. We value Scripture because we believe that the Spirit of God stands behind its origin and inspired the words that its prophets and writers shared.
PRAYER:
Father God, please give me a deeper appreciation for Scripture, looking to it as the words inspired by the Holy Spirit and used by the Holy Spirit on my heart as I read them. Open my heart, open my mind, and transform my will and my behavior as I read your words inspired by your Spirit. In Jesus' name I ask for this grace. Amen.

~www.heartlight.org~

~Randa~

No comments:

Post a Comment